Today, I would like to talk about setting up your Internet radio station website.
You could Google “Internet radio stations” to get some ideas on how you want to set yours up. Here are some things that you will want to consider:
- Hiring someone to design your website. (Or, DIY)
- Will have a logo?
- Will visitors be able to listen from your website?
- Will you monetize your website?
- As you grow, will you sell advertising?
If you look at this website, it is evolving. But it has everything, anyone, considering starting an Internet radio station would want.
If you have some web design skills, great! You know what to do. However, if you don’t, you have several options. These are:
- Hire a professional web designer.
- Take a course and learn how to design one yourself.
Hiring a Professional Web Designer
Hiring a professional web designer can be a very expensive venture when initially getting started because you may be on a tight budget. Web Designers command anywhere from $500 to $15,000. Then once they have designed your website, you will eventually be the one to maintain it. I personally would not recommend this route when starting out unless you have money to throw away.
Learn How To Web Design
This is a more logical and economical choice. Within a week – if one applies themselves – they can learn WordPress. WordPress is the easiest web design platform to learn in short order and it is very powerful. I designed this website using WordPress (and my other websites and those of others who hired me to design theirs).
If you are interested in wanting to learn WordPress, I highly recommend WP101. They offer a FREE “Introduction To WordPress” course and a pay-for “WordPress 101” course which costs (a one-time payment) $24. Take both of these courses and when you have completed them, you will be a WordPress expert.
The courses are to-the-point, professionally-presented video presentations. They are really good!
The advantages of learning how to design your own website are that you have will have acquired a new skill and you will be able to maintain your own website.
This is the third option. Hire me and I can have you a professional website built in five days. I will assume that you already have a domain, have set up a web host account, a stream host account, and a radio station cloud-based hosting account. All you have to do is give me temporary access to those accounts (you can change the password after I am finish) and I will have your website setup and up and running within five days.
My base price is $500. The website includes:
- A professional theme
- Five pages (such as home page, listen, page, contact form, about page, blog page, etc)
- Scripting (for example, what’s playing, what’s up next, play history, etc)
- Basic logo design
- Search engine optimization and submission
- Place markers for ads (if you desire)
- Live session with you on the back end of your website to teach you how to maintain it.
- Ten business days of support in case you want changes made. I will work with you.
Anything extra we can discuss.
If you would like for me to design your website, use the contact form to get in touch with me.
In the next post, I will discuss how to get more listeners to your website.